Sunday, September 23, 2012
Top 10 Foods For Your Brain
9. Eggs As we get older, our brains begin to shrink because of something called brain atrophy. However, we can fight this natural process by routinely eating eggs. This is because eggs contain a lot of vitamin B12 and lecithin. Vitamin B12 helpful against brain shrinkage, which is often seen in Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, egg yolk - although high in cholesterol, contains high choline, which is the building substance of the brain cells. Choline may help improve memory.
8. Oysters Research has shown that the oyster is very beneficial for your brain. Oysters are rich in zinc and iron minerals, which is very helpful for keeping the mind sharp and improve the ability to recall information easily. Zinc and iron have been associated with the brain’s ability to stay focused and remember information. Lack of zinc and iron can lead to distortions of memory, poor concentration, and of course other diseases throughout the body.
7. Tea, especially green tea Freshly brewed green tea or black tea is very beneficial for the brain because it contains catechins. Do You ever had a day where you just feel tired and “too lazy” to think? Perhaps it's because you have less catechin in your brain. Catechin useful to keep the mind sharp, fresh, and work properly. It also allows for more relaxed and help to combat mental fatigue. Green tea is much stronger than black tea, both very good for you.
6. Berries Blueberry is very good in improving motoric skills and overall learning ability. Most berries, including blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc., are full of antioxidants that are good for improving brain health. You can help reverse the effects of aging on the brain by eating this fruit once a day. Most contain fisetin and flavenoid, which is very good to improve memory and easy recall of past events.
5. Curry Curry is very useful to keep the brain fresh. As the main ingredient of curry powder, curcumin full of antioxidants that help fight brain aging and maintain cognitive function as you get older. Antioxidants are also struggling against free radical damage that can occur in the brain and body. Free radicals can cause inflammation and other diseases in the body. Curry is not only good for the brain, It also can fight diabetes and heart disease.
4. Leafy Green Vegetables Leafy green vegetables such as cabbage, kale and spinach are good for the brain of children and adults. These vegetable are very helpful when we need to recall old information and processes. This is because these foods are full of vitamins B6, B12, and folate, which is an important compound in the brain needed to break down homocysteine levels, which can lead to forgetfulness and even Alzheimer’s disease. These vegetables also contain high iron.
3. Nuts and Seeds Peanuts, hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and other types of nuts or seeds are good for your brain. Nuts and seeds are full of Omega-3s and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as folate, vitamin E, and vitamin B6. All of these nutrients allows you to think more clearly. They also help you to think more positive, because the Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids work as natural antidepressants. Some seeds and nuts are also full of thiamine and magnesium, which is good for memory and cognitive function of the brain.
2. Fish Fish in general is very beneficial for your health, especially for your brain. Fish is full of Omega-3, which is a fatty acid that is very beneficial to the body in various aspects. Eating one serving of fish a week can greatly reduce the chance of getting Alzheimer’s disease. These fatty acids help brain function because they coat the neurons that sometimes has a layer of fatty acids which are stiff with a high content of cholesterol and saturated fats in the body. Omega-3 will cover the neurons with good fats, which allows them to move easily throughout the brain. Omega-3 also provides more oxygen to the brain, and allows to store new information while still remembering the old information. The best fish to eat for brain health is salmon, tuna, and herring.
1. Chocolate It’s not just delicious but also very nutritious for your brain. Scientists have proved that the antioxidant content found in cocoa powder is more powerful than the antioxidants found in other foods, such as green tea or red wine. The main antioxidants found in cocoa, known as flavonols, it is important to help increasing blood flow to the brain.
Positive Change Hypnosis