While being happy and positive won’t guarantee that you will never get sick, it does mean that you are likely to get sick less often and when you do get ill you are more likely to recover and recover faster than you would if you have a negative outlook. But, just how do you change your mood and attitude so that you can get or stay healthy? Here are a few quick tips to help you.
- Stop negative emotions in their tracks. The longer you let them control your thoughts, the longer you'll suffer, psychologically and physically.
- If you catch yourself in an escalating argument or are feeling stressed, remove yourself from the situation and find a quiet spot. Take up to 15 deep breaths into your abdomen. Aim to center yourself with the reassurance that all is well, and you are in control. This can lower your heartbeat rate and blood pressure almost immediately. If you're having an argument, walk back into the room for a discussion. If that isn't possible, leave.
- It's important to reduce stress. If you're working yourself up with tight deadlines, knock five items off your to-do list. Abdominal breathing is a vital part of turning around your feelings. Breathing deeply for a few minutes will help you relax and let go of worries.
- Envision yourself laughing, joyful and full of energy, while imagining the feeling itself -- the more vivid you make it, the more effective it will be. You can also repeat positive phrases to yourself such as: I feel happier and more carefree day by day. Repeating this kind of phrase can literally lift your spirits, your energy levels and your health.
- Visualizing positive emotional states can induce them in the body, with beneficial effects on health. The mind cannot differentiate between an imagined state and a real "external" state. So, if you vividly imagine a positive state, you will experience the benefits as if they are real.
- Get a hypnosis session. While most people associate hypnosis with quitting smoking or losing weight, you would be amazed to know that it can also work wonders with when it comes to stress relief, thinking positive thoughts, removing negativity and so much more.
And there you have it - while life doesn’t always make it possible to put on a happy face, you do always have the option to hit the brakes when thing get overwhelming.
Positive Change Hypnosis